Wednesday 11 May 2011

My Mother Didn't tell Me Dancing on the Bar was a Bad Idea....

Set Scene: Good friends wedding...which happens to be on my own first wedding anniversary. Big gathering of friends and we are all in our very early 20's. Lots of champagne, good music...almost like a university reunion....

Conversation between my best friend and I...

BFF: OMG do you remember when we danced on the bar at graduation?
Me: mmhhmmm...in our stilettos
BFF: Yea, remember we had those great stir up pants, and the BEST hair
Me: Sighs, that was a good night
BFF: Those were the days
Me: We're not dead yet!
BFF: We're at the Four Seasons, not really appropriate
Me: Says Who?
BFF: Dare Ya
Me: Dare me twice
BFF: Double Dare Ya
Me: Done

Sounds of "I've been thinking about you..." Londonbeat playing loudly...lots of whooping and dancing...
Saunters over to bar...trying to look inconspicuous...hands bartender a $20...

Me: Move over Mr. Bar Keep...I've got some dancin' to do.....

Hops up on bar...friends cheer, start gathering around the bar chanting my name....woohoooo....hit slippery part of bar...feel myself falling....falling...prays- oh God do not let my dress end up around my neck....

Sounds of gasps....music stops...sounds of paramedics...wake up in hospital ...mild concussion and badly sprained ankle....Wonder- was this the foretelling of my divorce? Lesson learned...at some point dancing on the bar is really not a good idea......

No comments:

Post a Comment